Friday 29 October 2010

Toile Creation Continued

This is a first draft of the beginnings of a corset style, made from scratch, for the top half of my dress.







After stitching the pieces together I have marked out where the cup needs to go. Upon reflection the cups do need to be altered. I have also noticed that the measurements are slightly off at the bottom and the seperate panels do not match up to create a smooth curve.
















My first attempt at making the cups. The whole toile needs to be altered slightly to make it a tighter, more tailored fit. I tried the toile on a real person and found out that the cups need to be higher and I also need to add 2cm onto the top to cover the whole bust.

 




I have altered the pattern to make it more fitted. I have also altered the cup position, added extra fabric to the top of the cups and to the bottom of the two side front panels.

1 comment:

  1. Omg! Those blue shoes are to die for! x

    Check out my shoe design blogspot? All my designs are hand-drawn also! Take care X

    Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete