Sunday 10 October 2010

Sketchbook development

This is just a little research on designer Anh Mao, who I am currently working with at college through a work based project. This page needs a little more work.








This is a double page giving a brief history of Haute Couture, which I have highlighted with sketches, flats and close up drawings of the fabric.







This page is part of the Marchesa s/s 2011 collection. I love the laser cut techniques used in some of the garments which adds a modern twist to the lace trend which will be revived this spring/summer.












This is a work in progress page looking into the upcoming trends in spring/summer 2011. I have looked at 'sheer' and 'lace', sketching some closeup details and creating fabric samples using varying shades of organza.















My theme is Swan Lake. I am taking influences from traditional ballet costumes, the natural silhouette of a swan, and the colours and the shapes of water.







This is a small sketch in my note book of a silhouette and make up idea for my collection. I want to create an evening dress that has  aspects of a traditional ballet silhouette but with my own modern twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment