Monday 18 October 2010

Toile Creation

I have created a small scale toile using duchesse satin and several layers of net and organza to give an idea of what the layers will look like. I then decided to make a pattern and create full circles so that I can work out what size the diameter of each inner and outer circle needs to be.











I used a simple equation to work out the size of each segment to create a full scale circle template.


The layers are alternated net and organza so that it created a more stable silhouette.

















I found that by folding the net below and stitching it allowed it to stand out more. The following layers are folded and stitched below the first.











The layers need to be cut and shaped into the ball silhouette but other than that I am happy with the way the piece has turned out. In the full sized dress, there will be more layers to create an impact.









The colour will differ from the toile; I am going to use white, silver and grey net, organza and crystal organza to compliment the swan theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment