Wednesday 10 November 2010

Toile Creation Continued and Portfolio Development

My final toile with one layer of net to see how it will be stitched onto the main body of the dress. Some layers of the net and organza will be creased and crumpled to add more volume. The fabric for the corset top and for the joined skirt will be in a silver/grey duchesse satin. The layers will be of a white and grey net, grey crystal organza, a light grey organza and a silver organza.






The research page of my portfolio, looking at the 'Swan Lake' story, the natural swan form, traditional costumes from the ballet and atmospheric imagery.

 


 


This is another research page, similar to the first but looking at traditional ballet silhouette, modern design and an abstract, atmospheric images and 3D details.
 



These are a few of my initial thumbnails, based upon my chosen 'Swan Lake' theme. I started my designs by sketching the way evening wear looks to me, then by taking influences from my research to develop my silhouette and to add details that relate to my theme.


 This is my fabric research page. I have added a silhouette idea and styling illustration help connect the images.

This is my fabric page. I have created small samples with lengths of fabric to give my pages more depth. I have added a styling illustration to make the pages relate and an abstract image to create atmosphere.

 



This is an illustration of my final garment and another design with some fabric samples to show colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment