Saturday 27 November 2010

Final Garment Creation Continued



A little update on the development of my dress. The lining needs to be stitched to the main fabric of the dress so I apologise for the untidyness of the edges. This is a 'before' photograph of the skirt before all the layers of net are attatched and before it has been stitched to the lining to create a full dress.





There are fifteen seperate pattern pieces for each layer, which will be cut from white net, silver organza, grey organza and grey crystal organza in multiples of three and four. I have started placing the layers 2cm apart in the length of 30cm. This will allow me to see how the net will sit and if the spacing is correct. Then I can work out how many layers of fabric I will need inbetween to create a structured silhouette.

No comments:

Post a Comment