Monday 26 September 2011

I was over the moon when my friend rang me to ask if I wanted to join her for the last few days of LFW. How could I possibly say no?!


Interning for Vauxhall Fashion Scout, I helped out back stage and front of house. It was exciting to make new contacts with photographers and designers, including Oliver Ruuger. In his exhibit he used old male models. I loved the contrast between the fragility that was shown in the nakedness of the men and the formality of the accessories which included a studded brown leather and a black spiked briefcases, bowler hats and umbrellas with horse hair hanging from them.
I also met Nora Lubberich, a lovely German photographer who I hope to meet again to show her some of my work. Fingers crossed this is the start of something for me :)


The SS12 collections by Joanne Hynes, Georgia Hardinge, Bunmi Koko and U.MI - 1, and those shown in the Ones To Watch shows; Baartmans and Siegel, KYE, Posthuman Wardrobe, Trine Lindegaard, James Small, Asger Juel Larsen and T.Lipop gave us a taste of the upcoming SS12.

No comments:

Post a Comment