Monday 7 February 2011

Final Major Project!
For my FMP, I have looked at events happening over this year and next. With Britain hosting the 2012 Olympics, Royal weddings and anniversaries, I feel that 'Britishness' will become a major trend. I have decided to concentrate upon the very British past time of tea.




I
have used the tea cup shape to influence the silhouette and the floral detailing on china cups as inspiration for print and embroidery details on my garments.















This is some designer research on Wunderkind. I love their use of fabric prints in their Spring 2010 collection. The colours are fresh with essence of vintage and nostalgia.















I have developed my initial designs from thumbnail flats to full oufits. I have used water colour pencils, an HB pencil and aqua markers in dusky pinks, rosy pinks, sky blues and neutral tea shades to give an idea of the colour scheme and overall feel of my collection. I have added silk dupion, fine silk organza and chiffon to the fabric box, again to help give an idea of the drape and styling of the collection.






F
inal
line ups. I wanted to create a collection that is fresh and youthful, with pieces that can be dressed up with expensive vintage accessories for nights out drinking cocktails with friends and dressed down with your favorite flat shoes for warm summer evenings in the park.








The fabrics for this collection are light and sheer; chiffon, organza and light cotton jersey. Silk dupion is to be used for pieces needing a little more structure, for example, the dress with the structured silhouette (left) and the fitted dress (above). The floral detail is to be printed, then a machine embroidered outline added to create a more personal, hand made quality to the garments.









I have looked at accessories to go with my collection. I have designed a range of tea cup shoes, complete with handle and teabag.

No comments:

Post a Comment