Tuesday 14 December 2010

Building up the layers

After wrestling with the net and stitching eight extra layers of gathered net in short widths to lift the longer layers around the middle of the dress, managed to create a silhouette that resembled my original design.

 

The weight of the organza caused the net layers to drop and distort the silhouette so that the bottom layers are hidden.



 















To lift the net and organza I again stitched short, gathered lengths of net in between each piece to lift layers. Finally I trimmed the fabric to create my desired silhouette.



The delicate nature of the fabric I have used, the amount of handling needed during construction and the unfinished edges did mean that the thinnest layers became over frayed and did need to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment